Tangy Chicken and Apple Kabobs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 large green apple cored and cubed
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 1 large lemon cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (chicken through lemon).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (olive oil through stevia) and pour over the chicken mixture.
- On large skewers, thread each ingredient alternately. Place kabobs on grill and close lid. Cook for 7 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are charred on the on the edges. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid stevia is gluten free. NUTRITION: 222 Calories; 8g Fat; 27g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 76mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!