Sweet Ginger Beef Roast
- 1 3-pound beef roast
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 cups sliced carrots 1-inch thick
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef for 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place beef roast in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together next 9 ingredients (gingerroot through broth); pour mixture over beef. Seal bag, squeezing out excess air, then turn several times to coat roast evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place contents of bag in a large crock cooker along with the carrots and broccoli. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Using two forks, shred beef into bite-sized pieces and serve with vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 443 Calories; 28g Fat; 31g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 135mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!