Spicy Mexican Wilted Kale with Avocado Cream
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium limes juiced, divided
- 6 cups baby kale wilted
- 1 medium pickled jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic and cook until onion has softened. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a spoon, and cook until no longer pink; season with salt and pepper, and the oregano, cumin and the cayenne.
- Pour half of the lime juice over the beef mixture then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the wilted kale in a large serving bowl; top with ground beef mixture, jalapeno, green onion and cilantro; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados with remaining salt, remaining pepper and remaining lime juice along with the garlic powder, onion powder and coconut milk. Using a fork, smash mixture until only small lumps remain; drizzle over the salad and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!