Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs with Arugula Salad
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups small button mushrooms
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (garlic through coconut aminos). Add shrimp and mushrooms; toss then set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to HIGH. Alternately thread shrimp and mushrooms onto skewers; place them on preheated grill then reduce heat to MEDIUM-HIGH and cook for 10 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque and mushrooms are tender.
- In a large bowl, place kale, onion and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper; pour mixture over kale salad and serve with the kabobs.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. NUTRITION: 230 Calories; 11g Fat; 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!