Salmon with Chile Pesto
- 5 dried ancho chilis stems and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 6-oz. salmon steaks
- In a large bowl, add chilies and boiling water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup chile water.
- In a food processor, add chilies, reserved water, olive oil, almonds, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes and sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Pulse 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill salmon 3 to 4 minutes per side until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve fish with chile pesto.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sauteed zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of salmon. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 400 Calories; 22g Fat; 38g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain; 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!