Rosemary and Thyme Chicken and Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary removed from the stem and chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme removed from the stem and chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped into florets and steamed
- To a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Season both sides of the chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the skillet and sear for 1 minute on each side, then remove from the skillet to a plate to keep warm.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth to the skillet. Use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen all the browned bits. Once the liquid has reduced, lower the temperature to medium low and add in the ghee, stirring until melted. Add remaining chicken broth, rosemary and thyme and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, including any juices that collected on the plate. Coat the chicken with the sauce and let simmer 3 to 5 more minutes, until turkey is heated through again. Serve warm over the cauliflower.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!