- 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large jalapeño pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Arrange chicken in a crock cooker.
- In a food processor, place remaining ingredients; process until smooth then pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 509 Calories; 35g Fat; 32g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!