Horseradish Lime Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large radish sliced
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To a large skillet, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is browned. To the chicken, add the garlic, salt and pepper and broth and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated out of the pan.
- Allow chicken to cool.
- In a large bowl add lettuce, radish, avocados and chicken and toss.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (honey through olive oil) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour sauce over the salad. Toss salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 366 Calories; 23g Fat; 31g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 223mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!