Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large bone-in pork chops
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1 large lemon sliced into 4 wedges
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for at least 1 hour (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (honey through thyme).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag then pour marinade over the top. Seal the bag and turn to coat pork chops evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Place pork chops on grill; close lid and cook for 10 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Arrange salad greens on dinner plates; top each with a warm pork chop and garnish with a lemon wedge.
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” sweet potatoes – no need to use the oven – just wash, but do not dry, medium-sized sweet potatoes and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until tender. NUTRITION: 466 Calories; 30g Fat; 39g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 282mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!