Grilled Lemon Salmon Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillets cubed
- 1/2 medium red onion cut into 4 wedges
- 1 large lemon cut into 4 wedges
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (olive oil through chili powder). Add salmon and onion then gently toss.
- Alternately thread salmon cubes, onion and lemon wedges onto skewers. Place skewers on the grill; cook for 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 244 Calories; 10g Fat; 34g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!