Grilled Greek Chicken and Tangy Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour (see recipe).
- In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (olive oil through chili powder).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour lemon mixture over the top then seal the bag and turn to chicken well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, toss together next 6 ingredients (cabbage through honey); salt and pepper to taste then toss again.
- Slice grilled chicken and arrange over the slaw; sprinkle with olives and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side. NUTRITION: 481 Calories; 24g Fat; 54g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 405mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!