Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Spicy Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt divided
- 2 lemons juiced, zested, divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin divided
- 2 tablespoons harissa divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 metal skewers
- In a large bowl, add 1 tablespoons olive oil, chicken, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, juice and zest of 1 lemon, garlic, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon harissa and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 cup yogurt, juice and zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon harissa and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers and on an indoor grill over medium high heat grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve with spicy yogurt.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Non-breaded faux chicken patties. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure harissa is gluten free. NUTRITION: 490 Calories; 9g Fat; 92g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 221mg Cholesterol; 268mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 12 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!