Garlic Sage Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce cut in half width-wise
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado mashed
- Preheat grill to HIGH.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 4 ingredients (ground turkey through sage); form mixture into 4 round patties.
- Place patties on grill then reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH; cook for 5 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- To assemble - Layer: 1 lettuce leaf, 1 turkey burger, sliced onion and avocado; top with a lettuce leaf and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper strips. NUTRITION: 237 Calories; 15g Fat; 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!