Garlic-Citrus Shrimp and Asparagus
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or use low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus spears trimmed and halved
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (chicken broth through lemon zest). Set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add shrimp to pan in a single layer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until beginning to pink on both sides and becoming opaque, but slightly undercooked. Season shrimp with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add asparagus and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender-crisp, bright green. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add ginger and garlic to skillet and stir to combine. Sauté for another 30-45 seconds.
- Pour lemon sauce in with asparagus. Add shrimp back into skillet and stir to combine with sauce and asparagus. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and serve warm sprinkled with cilantro
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!