Garlic Chili Beef Stir- Fry
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 large chili pepper minced
- 2 small shallots minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients (garlic through beef); cook for 10 minutes or until beef is browned and cooked through. Transfer mixture into a bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining coconut oil over high heat. Add remaining ingredients (broccoli through lemon juice); season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add reserved browned ground beef; stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 38g Fat; 24g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!