Curried Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large head purple cabbage cut into fourths
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large leaves lettuce
- Place chicken in a large bowl; add next 7 ingredients (coconut milk through garlic); blend well.
- Cover bowl and marinate overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with coconut oil; grill cabbage fourths for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear; remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Next, grill marinated chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from grill and set aside for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Chop grilled cabbage and place it in a large bowl; add cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and olive oil; salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- Assemble tacos by placing sliced chicken on the lettuce leaves; top with grilled coleslaw and roll up.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!