- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 red chilis seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and next 10 ingredients (onion through pepper) and cook on low for 7 hours, stir in yogurt and cilantro and cook an additional 1 hour until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 384 Calories; 23g Fat; 33g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 457mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!