Beef and Pork Kofta with Lemon Herb Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, half of the mint and half of the parsley along with the paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne, ginger and salt and pepper, to taste.
- With your very clean hands, blend mixture thoroughly.
- Squeeze about 1/4 cup of mixture onto a skewer; repeat this process until all of the meat has been used; set aside.
- Lay out a large sheet of aluminum foil wrap and brush with melted ghee (or coconut oil).
- Place the meat skewers in a single layer on the foil then fold it over all of the skewers; seal edges to form a pouch.
- Place the pouch on the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning it once; remove from grill and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before opening.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining mint, remaining parsley and salt and pepper to taste along with the lemon juice, and olive oil; drizzle mixture over the grilled skewers and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!