Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 large jalapeño minced
- 2 small shallots minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the next 5 ingredients (garlic through beef). Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is brown and cooked through. Place beef mixture into a bowl.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in the skillet over high heat. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients (broccoli through lemon juice) and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. To the vegetables, add the beef and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 501 Calories; 37g Fat; 26g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 543mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!