Asian Crock Cooker Chicken Meatballs
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup shredded pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or use low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- Place sliced onions and fennel in a single layer in a large crock cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine next 12 ingredients (ground chicken through black salt and pepper; form mixture into medium-sized meatballs then place them on top of the onions and fennel in the crock cooker; pour the broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until meatballs are cooked through and onions are very soft.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!