Artichokes with Sausage and Kale
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced (or use white button mushrooms)
- 1/2 pound artichoke hearts trimmed and sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 6 cups chopped kale steamed
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and brown until cooked through; transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the remaining fat in the skillet; cook until soft.
- Next, add mushrooms and artichokes; cook until slightly brown then season with salt and pepper. Add lemon wedges and fennel seeds along with browned pork; pour broth on top and sprinkle with parsley; stir to combine. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until all flavors are well blended.
- Serve over steamed kale.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!