Apple Ginger Beef Soup
- 2 pounds beef kidney chopped or 2 pounds chopped beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 medium apples cored and diced
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- To a large ziplock bag, add the beef. In a small bowl mix the next 8 ingredients (ginger through broth) and mix well. Pour sauce into bag and seal bag, squeezing out excess air. Turn bag over to coat roast evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the contents of the bag and the remaining ingredients. Cook for 25 minutes, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 319 Calories; 7g Fat; 44g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 530mg Cholesterol; 440mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!