Warm Bacon Apple Kale Skillet
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups baby kale
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 medium green apple sliced
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon, is brown and very crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet.
- Reduce heat to low. To the skillet, add the shrimp, cayenne pepper, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Toss in the kale through the apple and stir until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (coconut milk through oil) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the mixture.
- Toss and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!