Tomato Basil Meatballs and Kale
- 1 pound ground beef
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups diced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (beef through dried basil). Form meat mixture into meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 3 minutes, until brown.
- To the pot, add the next 5 ingredients (coconut milk through basil) and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. When the sauce comes to a boil, uncover and let simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are cooked to medium or medium well.
- Stir in the kale, cover and turn off heat. Let greens get tender for 5 minutes then serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!