Steak and Mushroom Garlic Kabobs
- 1 pound cube steak
- 1 pound small button mushrooms
- 1 small onion cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the steak, mushrooms and onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (garlic through lime zest). Pour sauce over the steak and vegetables mixture.
- On large skewers, alternately thread each ingredient.
- Place skewers on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, until beef reaches desired level of doneness and vegetables are charred on the edges. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 350 Calories; 27g Fat; 19g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 51mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!