Sesame Brussels Sprout Chicken Stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the first 5 ingredients (garlic through chicken). Stir and cook for 5 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients (chicken broth through soy sauce). Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and Brussels sprouts are bright green and tender-crisp. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 366 Calories; 11g Fat; 56g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 325mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 ½ Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!