Parmesan Asparagus and Turkey Hash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large bunch asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. Set turkey aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining coconut oil. To the skillet, add the asparagus, leek and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender. To the skillet add the turkey and the next 4 ingredients (mushrooms through chili powder) and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is warm and vegetables are tender. Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 305 Calories; 18g Fat; 25g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!