Hamburger Avocado Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce leaves
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef and salt and pepper. Form meat into patties and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until burgers are cooked to desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, cucumber and avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (coconut cream through honey) and pour over the salad.
- Serve hamburgers over a bed of tossed salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 432 Calories; 34g Fat; 22g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 86mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!