Grilled Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pound beef tenderloin
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan, and brush the grate with the coconut oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through mushrooms).
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach and salt and pepper and set aside.
- On a large cutting board or plate, place tenderloin. Using a sharp knife, butterfly the beef down the center lengthwise (do not cut all the way through).
- Smear the Dijon mustard all over the inside and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the butterflied tenderloin with the mushroom mixture. Using toothpicks or cooking twine, close the beef down the open seam.
- Place the tenderloin on to the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side, rotating until all sides are cooked and crusty and the center is still pink.
- Continue to cook until the beef reaches the desired doneness and then remove from the grill and let rest for at least 15 minutes covered in foil.
- Slice the tenderloin and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!