Grilled Skirt Steak with Melted Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic and shallots for 3 minutes, add tomatoes and saute 10 minutes. Add olives, parsley and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and saute 2 to 3 minutes until olives are warmed through.
- On an indoor grill, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat grill steak 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve with tomatoes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of skirt steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 423 Calories; 31g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 213mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!