Grilled Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa cooked according to package instructions
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup green olives pitted
- 2 lemons juiced, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled (if frozen defrost)
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, tomatoes, 5 tablespoons olive oil, olives, juice of 1 lemon, parsley, mint and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and juice of 1 lemon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Serve salad with shrimp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant cut into chunks instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 502 Calories; 18g Fat; 39g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 445mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!