Grilled Pork Chops with Watermelon Salsa
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 4-oz. pork chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, chili powder, garlic, pork chops and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill, heat olive oil over medium heat and grill pork 3 to 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add watermelon, jalapeno, onion, avocado, 2 tablespoons olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Serve grilled pork with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 321 Calories; 24g Fat; 19g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 57mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!