Grilled Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 2 medium summer squash chopped
- 1/2 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (chicken through garlic).
- In a separate large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients (zucchini through olive oil), and salt and pepper to taste, and alternately thread onto large skewers. Place chicken and vegetables on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 197 Calories; 10g Fat; 17g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!