Grilled Asian Ginger Steak with Wilted Greens
- 4 10-oz. strip steaks
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 cups baby arugula wilted
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup trimmed and chopped sugar snap peas
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or use low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- DO AHEAD TIP: Marinate the steaks.
- In a large zip-top bag, place the steaks and add in the garlic through salt and pepper.
- Seal the bag and rub the spices into the steak on all sides. Place in the refrigerator at let marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat a grill, or grill pan, oiling the grate with the coconut oil.
- Grill the steaks for 4 to 7 minutes per side, or until the steak reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to rest and then slice.
- In a large bowl toss the steak and the next 4 ingredients (Arugula through onion).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (olive oil through honey) along with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!