- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15-oz. cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 large cucumbers seeded and chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon tabasco or to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 cup fresh corn blanched
- 1 cup low sodium tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 2 limes quartered
- In a large bowl, add first 16 ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper) and stir to blend. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve with avocado and lime juice
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder). VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tabasco and tomato juice are gluten free. NUTRITION: 269 Calories; 11g Fat; 10g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 297mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!