Creamy Garlic-Basil and Pork Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- In a large crock cooker, add the pork through the salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is cooked through and no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- Add in the basil and coconut milk in the last hour. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!