Creamy Chicken and Kale Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients (chicken thighs through salt and pepper) and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, Until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten broth. NUTRITION: 315 Calories; 15g Fat; 31g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 544mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!