Chicken with Mustard and Herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 inch boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and next 8 ingredients (onion through pepper) and cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed cauliflower and mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and white wine (or chicken broth) are gluten free. NUTRITION: 285 Calories; 12g Fat; 37g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 300mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!