Basil Plum Pork Chops
- 4 medium pork chops
- 3 large plums pitted and chopped
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, place the pork chops and plums.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (shallots through salt and pepper) and pour over the pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145-degrees. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky stir-fried baby spinach. (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 367 Calories; 17g Fat; 30g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!