Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, shallots, avocado, tomatoes and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 4 ingredients (heavy cream through stevia) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad, add the cheese, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid stevia is gluten free. NUTRITION: 470 Calories; 38g Fat; 21g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 1130mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!