Veggie and Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red onion cut into wedges
- 1 large lemon sliced into wedges
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients (olive oil through chili powder). To the bowl, add the next 4 ingredients (shrimp through onion) and toss.
- On large skewers, alternately thread the contents of the bowl. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink and vegetables are tender. Serve kabobs warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 181 Calories; 6g Fat (27.5% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!