Turkey Brussels Sprout Hash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium parsnip chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil.
- To the pan, add the garlic, onion and turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, breaking up turkey with a spoon.
- To the turkey mixture, add the remaining ingredients. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat, until the vegetables are tender and the turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Chopped Baby Bok Choy/Steamed Baby Carrots and Snow Peas (Finely chop baby Bok choy. Steam baby carrots till tender; add snow peas and continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp.) NUTRITION: 302 Calories; 17g Fat (48.6% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!