Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and cut into large slices
- 1 medium red onion cut into large slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and halved
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and halved
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled (if frozen, defrosted)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 avocados peeled and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, over medium high heat grill peppers, onion, jalapeno and poblano peppers for 5 to 7 minutes until browned. Add shrimp and grill 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, mango, pineapple, avocados and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add grilled vegetables, shrimp, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sherry vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 275 Calories; 15g Fat (47.4% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 153mg Cholesterol; 158mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!