- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella
- 1 cup halved black olives pitted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, garlic, capers, basil, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drain hot pasta and toss with tomato mixture. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and squash. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta, black olives and capers are gluten free. NUTRITION: 499 Calories; 20g Fat (35.1% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 437mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!