Spicy Turkey Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen sliced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 large jalapeños minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 9 ingredients (garlic through lime zest). Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 407 Calories; 14g Fat (31.3% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!