Spicy Fish Salad
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium limes juiced and divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4-6 cups salad greens
- 1 cup shredded broccoli
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 medium orange juiced
- On a grill roasting pan, place cod and sprinkle both sides with the next 4 ingredients (cumin through garlic). Place the pan on center rack of grill for 5 minutes or until flakey. Remove fish from grill and pour over the juice of one lime and drizzle with honey. Cover and let sit while you prepare salad.
- Combine the next 5 ingredients (salad greens through tomato) to make salad. Top with the remaining lime juice and orange juice then toss. Top with fish and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced cucumbers. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 179 Calories; 2g Fat (7.3% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 86mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!