Spicy Chicken and Apple Kabobs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples cored and sliced
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- large bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill. Preheat grill to HIGH.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Alternately thread chicken, apple and onion onto skewers.
- Reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH; place skewers on grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until chicken juices run clear and apple slices and onion wedges are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” sweet potatoes – no need to heat the oven – just wash, but do not dry, medium-sized sweet potatoes and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until tender. Add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: 185 Calories; 2g Fat (8.9% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 89mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!