Slow Cooked Beef and Cabbage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 14-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small head cabbage shredded
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, onions and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is brown. Pour the mixture into a large crock cooker, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cook for 2 to 4 hours on HIGH, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!