Shrimp and Avocado Taco Wraps
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 small onion cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 small avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Heat grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (shrimp through lime juice).
- On large skewers, thread shrimp and onion. Reduce grill to medium-high heat. Place skewers on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- In the lettuce wraps, layer the shrimp and onion, avocado and cilantro. Drizzle coconut aminos over the lettuce wraps and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 244 Calories; 13g Fat (47.9% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 181mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!