Red Pepper Turkey and Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add next 4 ingredients (turkey through green beans); cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (salt and pepper through honey); pour over turkey/green beans mixture then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened and turkey is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture. Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 251 Calories; 13g Fat (46.0% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!